Saturdays at Ski Martock, January 14 to March 4, 2017 10am-11:30am
This program is for all adults who are interested in biathlon. Whether you have biathlon experience or just want to try it for the first time, this program is for you! The course will focus on rifle shooting technique (prone & standing), range safety, rules of competition, and skating drills. The coaches will customize the course content to suit the ability and experience of the participants. Rifles will be provided on site, for all participants.
Cost: The fee is $100 ($110 after Dec. 11), which includes all ammunition, and range fees. If also enrolled in an Adult Skate Ski class, the total for two programs (one Ski and one Biathlon) is only $130 ($150 after Dec. 11). In other words, add the second program for half-price! This is also a great way to improve, as the ski classes in the afternoon focus primarily on skate skiing, and therefore allow you to focus more on shooting during the Biathlon class in the morning. Ski classes run for 6 weeks to Feb. 18.
First step: Join Biathlon Canada- Biathlon participants must be a Biathlon Canada Member - this is an insurance requirement. Membership for recreational athletes in Nova Scotia is $10. If you wish to compete in non-club races, the cost increases. Tip: if you use zone4's "quick-list" option you won't need to re-enter all your personal information, when you register for our programs.
Second step: REGISTER for MNSC - Prices will increase after Dec. 11, 2017.
You must become a Club member in order to register for programs.
Refund Policy: full refund possible before second lesson.
Adult Biathlon Program Outline
- Week 1: Rifle and range safety including the 4 ACTS and how to PROVE a rifle is safe. We should also be able to get everyone firing a few rounds by the end of the session
- Week 2: Entering and leaving the range, shooting when your heart rate is up, and being mentally prepared. We will be skiing and shooting.
- Week 3: Sight picture, body position, how to zero a rifle, fun, shooting games
- Week 4: Competition (Biathlon Atlantic Cup) exact date tba
- Week 5: Shooting standing, position, breathing, entering and exiting the range.
- Week 6: Open lessons for Nordic Fest (exact date tba
- Week 7: Simulated Race - informal within lesson groups
- Week 8: Final Session - review of the past sessions and enjoying some skiing and shooting activities.
Please direct questions to: Biathlon Director Pam Tracz: pamtracz[at]gmail.com